I know you are probably thinking, “another subscription box review?” But have I yet mentioned this is my favorite box so far? Seriously, it is the first box where I have used all of the products fairly quickly instead of having them collect dust in my trunk. In other words, each product was useful! It is also the first box that has full sized items instead of sample sizes. I had zero expectations but was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the Giddy-Up Goodie Box. Let’s open it together!
The first thing you notice is the handy flyer pasted to the inside of the box. This colored sheet clearly details all of the items in the box, with a little description of each one. I actually really appreciated this and liked that it was the first thing that I saw. Now, on to the goodies!
- Equine Edibles Candy Cane Mash. I was SOOO pumped to see this. The bag made a medium sized bucket full of minty-fresh mash. It was easy to mix – you actually poured the water directly into the bag, kneading it with your hands. With the chunks of peppermints and cinnamon flavors, it smelled delicious and I was momentarily jealous of Chloe. It made for a wonderful Christmas surprise for her – she licked the bucket clean!
- Stirrup Covers from MantraLove. Not only do these covers protect your saddle from being scratched by your stirrups, but they look adorable and quickly slip on without any fuss. A year ago I had grey stirrups that would rub off on my saddle, leaving me with pasty looking residue. It was the worst! These would have been great for that. You can also use the covers to wipe off your stirrups before you slip them inside!
- Bit Wash from Bit Butter. Wash and disinfect your bits with this convenient spray bottle from Bit Butter. Large enough to last you for at least a year, but small enough to fit easily into your trunk. It also is flavored with peppermint so your horse will thank you!
- Quic Silver Shampoo. A full-size bottle of the infamous shampoo that intensifies and whitens your horse’s coat. I used to go through bottles of this stuff when I had a grey pony. This shampoo could get any stain out and have her coat gleaming. Chloe only has a small white spot so I gave the bottle to a barn friend that has a white gelding. Needless to say, she was very grateful!
- Holiday Treats from Enjoy Yums. You can never ever have enough treats on hand at the barn and Enjoy Yums hooks you up with a large, super cute and handy gift bag full of tasty treats made of simple oats and rice bran.
- Multiple purpose brush from HAAS. This waterproof, shatter resistant (yes, Chloe has stepped on my brushes before) brush from HAAS has dense silver bristles strong enough for use on mane/tails and legs/coats. Truthfully my brushes are looking a little ratchet so I really welcomed the opportunity to replace one in my grooming kit. It is really pretty as far as brushes go, so would make an excellent show kit brush too.
As you can see, the contents of the box are all relevant, immediately useable, non-discipline specific and thoughtful. Usually with other box services there is at least one (usually more) item that I never open or use, but I was excited about each of these products.
So, let’s talk about price. I did the math and the total cost of each of these above items would be around $62 (note this does not necessarily include shipping) if you were purchasing on your own. The cost of the monthly subscription service is anywhere between $45 (12 month sign up) and $60 (a one time gig). No shipping fees on subscriptions. (There is also a $19 Mystery Box option which intrigues me, but let’s stay on topic here). Therefore, it is noticeably cheaper to go through Giddy-Up, but not quite as extreme as the NF.Edit Box. That being said, I personally would rather love and use everything in the box!
One big difference between Giddy-Up and the other boxes, is that Giddy-Up comes monthly instead of quarterly. I think this is pretty fun. I always love receiving any subscription box because it is like receiving a gift. I never know exactly what is going to be in there and how often do you get surprises like that anymore? Thanks Giddy-Up Goodies for a great Christmas surprise!